GarageBand is a workstation line of digital audio that allows recording or editing of songs, mixing rhythms, and also adding sound effects. If any song or music file has been created in another app or any other software and to edit or do some other changes in that tune you might want to import mp3 to GarageBand. But first, we need to know the basic operations ( and if you don’t have garageband in your pc , you can learn how to install garageband for windows in our website)
Initiation of a new project
To create or start a new project in GarageBand you need to follow these steps:
- Choose the New from File option in GarageBand and then click on Project Chooser.
Select any option from the left:
To see all the project templates you must click ok Project Templates.
To see any recently opened project, click the ok Recent option.
- Select any template from the list.
- If you want to change any settings of the project then click on the triangle on the lower left side of the Project Chooser. There you can set any project tempo or project key from the Key Signature menu
- Click on Choose option.
Adding a new track
To create or add a new track in the GarageBand:
- Either choose the New Track option from Track or you just have to click on the ‘+’ button in the left corner.
- From the New Track dialogue choose the track type.
- Select the input source for the audio tracks from the Input pop-up menu.
- Now you can go for any of the following you may turn on monitoring for audio tracks, and change the input device or output device.
- Finally, click on the Create option.
How to record sound?
To record sound follow these steps:
- Select the track header from the track panel to choose the track that you want to record.
- In the control, bar click on the Record Button or press R to start recording.
- Now click on the Stop Button to stop your recording.
Recording and playing GarageBand instruments
- Click on the ‘+’ sign to add a new track.
- Now select Software Instrument for your track type and click on Create option.
- You will find a panel of instruments on the left to play.
- You can use the computer keyboard or you can use a MIDI keyboard to play on-screen.
- Now to record just simply click on the track header and press R on the keyboard and when you are done press the spacebar to stop.
Why should we import mp3 to GarageBand?
GarageBand is a great place to record and edit audio and songs. You should import mp3 to GarageBand because it consists of a lot of features that will help you in working on your audio track. A few of them are listed below.
- It consists of a drummer track which is easy to use.
- Here you can time quantize your music or MIDI notes quickly and easily.
- Many producers use pitch correction for every genre of music, especially in rock, metal, and hip-hop genres. You will be able to correct the pitch of your music in GarageBand and it is an important thing to do.
- Using GarageBand you can directly share or upload your songs or music files to the streaming platforms without any hassle.
- And last but not least it is very simple and easy to use. You can make any changes to your audio notes or add instruments without any trouble.
Saving an audio file in a destined location
The primary thing that is needed to be done before we import mp3 to GarageBand is to save the file which is to be imported. The file must be saved in such a location which is easily accessible on the iPad. Complexities in this problem have been long removed by Apple which introduced the Apple Files app in the year 2017. This application consists of a central file management system for all the ios devices. This application helps to access documents, audio, and video files from drives, iCloud, or any compatible applications whenever necessary.
Accessing the file in the GarageBand
Before we import mp3 to GarageBand, we must access the files that we saved earlier. This can be accomplished just by opening the My Songs’ browser. It contains all the audio files that can be seen in the files app. The list is generally on the left side of the screen. However, the options in the location list will vary since it depends on what and how many applications are installed on your iPad.
Tapping on the On my iPad’ location will give access to the files inside. The files shown in grey colour are not compatible with the GarageBand.
Importing own audio files
Modern ios features are extensive and people can make a lot out of it. One such action is to import mp3 to GarageBand. The steps are not so complex and open up a handful of opportunities to catalyse their music creations.
To import mp3 to GarageBand, it should be saved in drives, dropbox or other compatible locations. The steps to import mp3 files in GarageBand are shown below.
- The primary thing that you need to check is if the file to be accessed is in a proper accessible location as shown above.
- After ensuring accurate location you must open GarageBand.
- In the GarageBand section, create a new document for the operation.
- After document creation, you have to locate the instrument’s audio recorder. This is to be followed by tapping on the Voice’ option.
- Search for the Tracks View’ option.
- Click on the Song Sections’ button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Turn “Automatic” on after clicking on Section A.
- Click on the Loop Library option and then open the Files tab. It will show a list of already imported files. Browse items from the app to import a new mp3 file.
- Choose the location of the file that need to be imported. Search for the file and select it. The selected file is now added to the list inside the GarageBand.
- At last, drag the file into the project across the “empty track” and release it.
The steps to import mp3 to GarageBand are now complete.
Importing an audio file to GarageBand opens up several features to be explored, to dive into extensive musical angles. GarageBand is exclusive software for creating music on ios devices. Ideas for records and soundtracks are included in the study followed by the steps in detail to import an audio file to GarageBand.